Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reaching for the light...

We are still in the weaning stage.  Starting tomorrow Gage has 6 more days on the acth.  He is slowly coming back to himself.  He is definitely more active and not sleeping as much during the day, but I'm still waiting patiently for my baby to completely resurface.  When I put my face up close to his he grabs on to it and starts kicking like crazy, so I know he's there underneath the blanket of drugs in his system. He no longer stays on the 5x4 blanket I put down for him on the floor as he's started to roll around like crazy.  He never did that before so today I rejoice in this "newness" of not being able to simply leave him on the middle of the bed and dash to the other room for a diaper.  He struggles with his new weight and how to exactly maneuver it, but so far he's doing a great job.  I know a lot of the swelling in his cheeks will go down, but I think I might miss that part... my sumo wrestler baby.

Tonight I want to specifically pray for those still fighting the spasms, those parents who haven't found the right miracle drug.  I know we are still very early in the game, that they could come back, but for now it seems we have been given a reprieve from that fight that will hopefully last us the rest of Gage's life if we are lucky.  I hope God wraps his loving arms around those families and releases a calming balm over them.  I want them to know He hasn't forgotten or refused them but instead has set out a different course for them that they will understand and thank Him for later.  I pray that when they seek peace they find it immediately in Him.

This marathon has just started for us and I thank each and everyone of you that read this and then remember us when you get on your knees and pray each day.  My family is blessed because we have each other and we are strong in the Lord.  I cannot imagine where one finds strength in times like these if they do not believe in His everlasting love...

No comments:

Post a Comment